DOES YOUR PET NEED REHABILITATION?
From the most athletic dogs to those carrying a few extra pounds, many pets can benefit from the programs offered by the Sport & Strength Department!
Veterinary physical rehabilitation can be performed in many ways. We customize programs to each individual, ensuring your pet recovers in the shortest amount of time and returns to his previous quality of life.
Our Sport & Strength Department utilizes a wide variety of rehabilitation equipment such as underwater treadmill, therapeutic laser, cavalletti rails, exercise peanuts (similar to exercise balls in people), and wobble or balancing boards to assist in providing your pet with the means to recover quickly.
IS YOUR DOG A CANINE ATHLETE?
Much like a human athlete, a canine athlete needs to be in the best possible physical condition. By emphasizing balance, endurance and the core muscle group, we are able to improve your dog’s physical condition as well as help minimize those strains and sprains that are a part of any sporting event.
- Underwater treadmill – the multidimensional recovery tool. Provides a virtually weightless environment through the buoyancy of water, which also reduces stress on the pet’s joints. Heated water in the treadmill encourages circulation and helps reduce inflammation.
- Cavalletti rails – Improve range of motion in the joints as well as retrain muscles and nerves.
- Exercise peanuts – Improve core muscle strength as well as balance.
- Therapeutic laser – Reduces inflammation, improves circulation and helps heal tissues
- Therapeutic ultrasound – Reduces inflammation, improves circulation and helps heal tissues
- Wobble / balance boards – Improve balance and retrain muscles and nerves.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
To schedule an appointment, call (651) 501-3766 to be directed to the Sport & Strength Department. All patients undergo an initial assessment. From there, we partner with you to determine the best program for your pet