Board-Certified Veterinary Dentist
Elizabeth Brine, DVM, DAVDC, is a 1988 graduate of the U of MN College of Veterinary Medicine. After several years in practice, Dr. Brine completed a residency in Veterinary Dentistry at the U of IL College of Veterinary Medicine, and became a board-certified veterinary dental specialist in 2000. From 1999-2005, she was an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center. Dr. Brine joined Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota in June 2013.
Dr. Brine’s professional interests include:
- Dental radiology teaching and dental radiograph evaluation
- Jaw and facial fracture repair, especially utilizing minimally invasive composite splint and wire techniques
- Volunteering with Peter Emily International Veterinary Dental Foundation, providing advanced dental care to wild animals in animal sanctuaries
Dr. Brine enjoys camping, canoeing, gardening and bicycling in the summer and cross-country skiing with her family in the winter. All year long, she loves to read and knit. She and her family live with many pets in Saint Paul.
Dr. Brine has been published extensively, including:
- Brine EJ, Marretta SM, Pijanowski GJ, Siegel AM: Comparison of the Effects of Four Different Power Scalers on Enamel Tooth Surface in the Dog, J Vet Dent 17(1); 17-21, 2000.
- Brine EJ, Marretta SM: Letter to the Editor, J Vet Dent 17(1); 36-37, 2000.
- Brine EJ: Endodontic Disease of the Mandibular First Molar Tooth Secondary to Caudal Crossbite in a Young Shetland Sheepdog, J Vet Dent 16(1); 15-18, 1999.
- Brine EJ, Marretta SM: Endodontic Treatment and Metal Crown Restoration of a Fractured Maxillary Right Fourth Premolar Tooth: A Case Report, J Vet Dent 16(4); 159-163, 1999.
- Academy of Veterinary Dentistry 1996 Research Grant Lecture: Comparison of the Effects on Enamel Tooth Surface of Five Different Power Scalers in the Dog, 11th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1997.
- Endodontic Disease of Lower First Molar Secondary to Posterior Crossbite in a Young Sheltie, 11th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1997.
- Management of Severe Jaw Fractures in Young Animals: Three Cases, 11th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1997.
- Pupal Disease Secondary to Blastomycosis in Two Dogs, 10th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1996.
- Eating Habit Changes with Occult Endodontic Disease, 10th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1996.
- Five Year Retrospective Study of Endodontic Disease in Dogs at the University of Illinois Small Animal Clinic, 10th Annual Veterinary Dental Forum Proceedings, 1996.