Dr. Melissa Eisenschenk, DACVD, is a board-certified veterinary dermatologist who enjoys managing skin, ear, and allergic diseases in animals.
Skin diseases are often very uncomfortable, and both pets and their people often lose sleep over them. Skin diseases can also make pets feel sick, and they can sometimes reflect an internal disease process. Symptoms of skin disease can be as harmless as hair loss, while others, like ear infections, can be extremely painful.
Dr. Eisenschenk works closely with owners to perform the best diagnostic tests, formulate an tailored therapy to best manage the particular issue and resolve it. Her services include an individualized treatment plan for the best food, grooming protocol, and medications to keep the skin looking as good as possible! Her certified veterinary technician, Michelle, enjoys helping your "fur kids" have a more comfortable, satisfying life.
Dr. Eisenschenk performs the following specialized procedures:
- Diagnosis and management of allergic, parasitic, bacterial, fungal, cancerous, and auto-immune skin and ear diseases
- Skin testing and desensitization therapy for allergies
- Food trials for food sensitivity, including home-made diets as a diagnostic test
- Diagnosis and management of hair loss
- Removal of small skin tumors without the need for general anesthesia
- Relief for itching, scratching, licking, head shaking, and self-mutilation
- Management of chronic, painful, and/or recurrent ear diseases, including culturing and cleaning the middle ear
Dr. Eisenschenk sees cases at the Oakdale location on Fridays. If your pet is experiencing unresolved skin issues, call (651) 501-3766 or click here to make an appointment!
Please download and complete this new client information and pet history form prior to your first visit.